Holy Spirit Catholic Church Religious Education Registration for the 2013-2014 school year will open March 13.
Just a few things that you must know/do before you will be able to register.
- Registration will only be conducted on-line this year through Holy Spirit’s website. The cost for the year’s program will be $90 per child/youth, with a $220 family maximum
which you will be able to pay on-line at the time of registration
- In preparation of registration, you MUST know your HSCC Parishioner Login/Password. If you do not know yours, you can request it on the Parishioner Login
- If your child is receiving a Sacrament, either First Communion* or Confirmation**, we MUST have a copy of their baptismal certificate on file. If your child was baptized at
Holy Spirit, we have that information. If your child was baptized somewhere other than HSCC, you can scan it and email it to
mail it or bring it into the Parish Office. Registration WILL NOT be completed until we have a copy of their baptismal certificate. *Participation in 1st grade is required to
receive the Sacrament of First Holy Communion in 2nd grade. **Participation in 9th grade is required to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in 10th grade.
- We have three Sunday class options for our 3 year olds – 5th graders: 9:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., 11:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., and 4:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. We have very limited space in
our 3 year old & 4 year old classes. As with all of our grades, classes are filled on a first-come, first-placed basis.
- 6th – 8th grade - EDGE meets on Sundays from 4:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
- 9th – 12th grade – LifeTeen meets after the Sunday 5:30 p.m. Mass, 6:30 p.m. - 8:15 p.m.
- We need Catechist/Co-Catechist at all of our Religious Education class times. Please prayerfully consider giving of your Time & Talent to the children/youth of our Parish. No
experience is necessary. Get with some other families and co-teacher together! You can sign up during registration to volunteer. Remember-tuition is waived to those that volunteer
to be a catechist/co-catechist.
- We are also in need of non-catechist volunteers. Click here for a
complete list of volunteer opportunities.
- Remember that attending Religious Education classes does not substitute for your child’s need to attend Mass. The way that you as a family approach our Faith teaches your child
more than he or she will ever learn in weekly classes. Only attending Religious Education and not Mass sends your child a confusing message.
- The 2013-2014 Religious Education School year will start on September 8th.
Thank you for your immediate attention to securing your Parishioner Login information and child’s baptismal certificate. This will ensure a seamless registration process. We look
forward to another wonderful year in Religious Education.